Friday, November 14, 2014

(Failed) Banana Cake

This is the third time I failed in baking Banana Cake. The first two times were long time ago. It was two epic fails that did not make it to this blog (but then again, I was in hiatus too :)) Anyway, I tried baking a batch again today, and it was another failure, bummer!


I don't understand what goes wrong, it tastes okay, but it seems to be doughy, it isn't risen. Well, I need to concoct another recipe then. Until then I just have to eat this stupid looking failed banana cake. 

For this cake I use the following ingredients:

200 gr/7 oz margarine
200 gr/7 oz sugar
225 gr/8 oz self-raising flour
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 eggs
2 tbs orange juice
a pinch of cinnamon powder


method

1. Mix margarine and sugar with an electric mixer until they're all incorporated.
2. Add eggs, mix on high speed for a few minutes until the batter has risen. Lower the speed of the electric mixer. Add the self-raising flour, bit by bit, keep the mixer on. Add the orange juice, cinnamon powder, and mix it again on the lowest speed for about one to two minutes until the mixture is all incorporated.
3. Spoon the batter into a tulband cake mould that has been greased and dusted with flour. Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C/356°F for 50 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment